FAQS (Frequently Asked Questions)
*Just a heads up that other events will be taking place concurrently in other buildings/ rooms on the church property.
General admission (except for a few seats marked "reserved"). We appreciate your cooperation in sitting 4 to a pew, when possible, especially when we are at capacity.
- Concerts generally consist of 2 sets with a 15-minute intermission.
- We often prepackaged goods, coffee, and bottled water during the break for sale during intermission. The proceeds and your donations defray costs and help support the Chapel's upkeep. Coffee is not permitted in the sanctuary of the Chapel.
- We often sell raffle tickets for a chance to win a CD from the performers. $1 for 1 chance and $5 for 6 chances (proceeds defray costs of the concert series and support the Chapel's upkeep).
GPS: Use 5 West Maple or 200 S Main. The Chapel is a white, wood, American Gothic structure on the corner of South Main and West Maple. The entrance is off of Maple St. (Maple Street Chapel is part of, and shares it's address with the First Church of Lombard UCC.)
- Shared community/ medical lot north of the Chapel (130 S Main Street). Heed signage.
- Small lot west of the Chapel by the Historical Society. Again, check posted signs for restricted usage.
- On street as permitted.
- First Church of Lombard main lot. Access from Main Street, turn into the main First Church entrance south of the church building and north of Chang's Hapkido school. Alternately, access can be obtained via Ash Street (1 block south of Maple St). After parking, head east through the parking lot between the Church and Chang's Hapkido. Head north on the sidewalk to the Chapel. Use northwest door for entrance to the Chapel.
ENTRANCE: Via the Northwest door off of Maple Street.
HANDICAP ACCESSIBLE: via the Southwest door of the Chapel, use the ramp along the Chapel and head to the rear door.
RESTROOMS: Available in the adjacent building. (The Maple Street Chapel is a national landmark dating back to 1870 thus no restrooms in the building.)